The Equipment Qualification and Calibration Department performs required equipment qualification testing or analysis of equipment used for RadICS Platform-based systems. Radics LLC qualifies equipment for a wide range of hazards:
- Radiation (RG 1.209, EPRI TR-107330, IEEE 323)
- Environmental Test (RG 1.209, EPRI TR-107330, IEEE 323)
- Seismic (RG 1.100, EPRI TR-107330, IEEE-344)
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (emissions and susceptibility) (RG 1.180, MIL-461E:CE101, MIL-461E:CE102, MIL-461E:RE101, MIL-461E:RE102, MIL-461E:RS103, IEC 61000-4-3, IEC 61000-4-8, IEC 61000-4-6, IEC 61000-4-16, IEC 61000-4-9, IEC 61000-4-10)
- Electrical (electrostatic discharge, electrical fast transient, surge withstand, and isolation capability) (RG 1.180, EPRI TR-107330, EPRI TR-102323, IEEE 384, IEC 61000-4-5, IEC 61000-4-12, IEC 61000-4-4, IEC 61000-4-2)
The qualification personnel are familiar with wide range of recognized international standards and regulatory guidance documents.
The Radics LLC approach to equipment qualification ensures that RadICS Platform systems developed for nuclear power plants are meet the demanding performance standards and regulatory requirements.